The family and I are about to get back on the road for nine months when we leave Montreal in a few weeks. We’ll visit family outside of Seattle, friends in the United Kingdom, practice our French in Paris, greet clients in the European Union, and then head home to Taiwan for a few weeks.
That’s just for the rest of this year.
At the end of January, my work travels kick off with Japan followed by Gulf Photo Plus in Dubai. Mid-February finds me in Mumbai for DrupalCon Asia to present and photograph. Afterward, I’m in Thailand for model shoots.
By early March, I’ll return home to Taiwan to cycle for a week or two to recuperate before heading to Singapore for shooting FOSSASIA 2016. Finally, when April rolls around, and we’ll fly back to the EU for more language practice, open source event photography, and client meetups.
I wonder what July will bring.
While the typical suitcase of clothes and work needs will roll along, there’s going to be a heavier camera bag than usual. In fact, there’s a bag dedicated solely to photography as part of my travel kit these days. Despite, it only being a carry-on sized case, it contains a complete Pentax DSLR group and portrait camera system, to include a tripod and lighting stand.
Even I’m amazed at how I’ve been able to get successfully all that I need for a shoot into my ThinkTank Photo Airport International V2.0 rolling case. And yes, it’s heavy.
Here’s what’s inside my camera bag
Quick Content Details
- Pentax K-5ii DSLR
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8
- Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8
- Pentax DA* 55mm f/1.4
- Cactus RF-60 wireless flash
- Cactus V6 transceiver
- Manfrotto 5001B Light Stand
- Manfrotto 026 Swivel Umbrella Adapter
- Chimera OB2 PRO Strobist Kit
- Impact Empty Saddle Sandbag – 15 lb (Orange)
- Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head
- Think Tank Photo 8 AA Battery Holder
- Watson 4-Hour Rapid Charger
- Profoto Collapsible Reflector – Sunsilver/White – 33″ (inside outside front pocket of rolling case)
- Think Tank Photo Thin Skin Belt V2.0
- Think Tank Photo Modular Component Set V2.0
- and loads more of little stuff
Now that you know what I’ve got, what’s inside your camera bag? Share yours in the comments below.