I had to update my bad foods list because I accidentally ate a few things in a small amount that I thought would be okay. Nope… two days later, the discomfort is still great and not worth it.
A healthy diet is a struggle, especially when others around you don’t seem to suffer the same way. Still, it’s my life that’s impacted, so I continue to restrict my diet more and more so that I can live fully.
Or at least be able to walk without a limp, run around with my kids, or have the brainpower for a good conversation.
The foods below can affect me with headaches, migraines, bloating, skin imperfections, diarrhea, (intense) joint pain, and more. Most of it I have tracked, researched and tested. Some are included because they’re part of a general group.
Ultimately, I have to get these things firmly in my active mind to avoid a moment’s bliss before an upset day or two.
- Cow’s milk (evaporated/powdered)
- Soy (soy milk/soy protein/tofu)
- Wheat (bread/noodles/pasta)
Negative Health Influencers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Game meat: alligator, antelope, bear, beaver, bison, caribou, deer, ducks, elk, grouse, moose, pheasant, quail, rabbit, reindeer, snake, squirrel, wild boar, wild geese, and wild turkey
- Ingredients: caseinate (milk protein), hydrolyzed gluten/yeast, MSG,
- Oils: GMO oils, canola oil, cottonseed oil, industrial lard, margarine, peanut oil, safflower oil, seed oil, sunflower oil, and vegetable oil
- Organ meat: kidney and liver
- Processed food: any food where oil, salt, or sugar is added, including diet drinks, fruit juice, salad dressings, sauces, soda, and sports drinks
- Red meat: beef, goat, lamb, mutton, pork, veal, and venison
- Seafood: anchovies, codfish, haddock, herring, mussels, scallops, sardines, trout, and tuna
- Sweeteners: corn syrup, fructose
- Vegetables: asparagus, beets, broccoli sprouts, cauliflower, chard, collards, corn, eggplant, green peas, kale, mushrooms, peppers, soy, spinach, spinach, and tomatoes
When I shared my updated food list, Huan rightfully responds by asking what they can fix me to eat.
The simple answer is spiced chicken, eggs, and salmon cooked in avocado or olive oil with water to drink. Otherwise, I’ll prepare my own meals or cook for the family.
My diet impacts others, and exchanging reasonable expectations is critical to lessen the burden.